Key stabilisation activities in Iraq and Syria:
- €60 million given to support stabilisation and humanitarian actions since 2017
- €20 million specifically earmarked for the city of Mosul following its liberation.
- 10,000 Iraqi soldiers and officers trained by France
- Rehabilitation of the University of Nineveh College of Medicine in partnership with UNDP
- €100 million on the Syrian crisis as a whole in 2018
- €45 million in North-Eastern Syria since 2017 on humanitarian and stabilisation projects:
- €15 million in 2017
- €30 million in 2018 (60% of the Emergency Program for Syria announced by the President of the French Republic in April)
France’s military efforts to defeat Daesh:
- 1000 French soldiers and officers currently being part of the French military operation Chammal in Iraq and Syria.
- Total air support operations since 19/09/14: 8,528 sorties / 1,459 air strikes / 2,251 targets destroyed.
Social media handles:
- Twitter accounts of the French MFA : @francediplo @francediplo_AR @francediplo_EN * Twitter account of the French Ministry of Defense : @EtatMajorFR
- Twitter account of French platform to prevent radicalisation @stopdjihadisme
- Twitter account of French inter ministerial committee to prevent radicalisation : @SG_CIPDR
- Official website of the French MFA in French English and Arabic
- Official website of the Ministry of Defence in FR and EN
- Official website of StopDjihadisme
- Official website of CIPDR