Key projects in Iraq:
- Medical Teams to Iraq from 2017 to 2018 to address the medical needs of Coalition forces.
- Counter-Terrorism Training Unit to Iraq since 2018 to provide Counter-IED and Weapons/Tactics training to the Iraqi Security Forces.
Singapore has also contributed:
- Staff planners to United States Central Command Headquarters since 2014.
- Staff planners to Coalition HQ since 2015.
- KC-135R tanker aircraft detachments to Qatar from 2015 to 2018 to support Coalition’s air-to-air refuelling requirements.
- Deployed Imagery Analysis Teams to Kuwait from 2015 to 2018, to provide organic Imagery Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination capabilities to the Coalition.
What Singapore hopes to achieve by joining the Coalition:
Recognising the gravity of the terror threat, Singapore was the first Southeast Asian country to join the Coalition, and has consistently contributed to the Coalition since 2014. In support of global efforts against terrorism, Singapore contributes in niche areas of value, such as imagery analysis and medical expertise, working together with international partners to counter terrorism at source and to curb its spread. Their ongoing efforts against terrorism are necessary to protect their region and their world from those who would use violence to force their way of life onto peace-loving and law-abiding citizens.
- Fact Sheet: SAF’s Participation in the Defeat-ISIS Coalition
- Speech by Minister for Defence, Dr Ng Eng Hen, at the Overseas Service Medal (OSM) Presentation Ceremony, on 27 July 2018
Social media handles